Host your Java applications with your dedicated Apache Tomcat in minutes!
Complete hosting environment for Java and Tomcat developers and enthusiasts
- Easy upgradeable JVM heap
- Full control over the Tomcat and JVM
- Xen VPS alternative when your project grows
- Unlimited domains can be mapped to your Tomcat
- Reasonable 5GB disk space and 200GB of traffic
- Support with installing, optimizing and troubleshooting
- Custom JVMCP control panel for JVM/Tomcat management
- 30-day trial (includes all features of regular account)
- Find better prcing and we can beat it!
- No hidden fees, no strings attached, no extra charge
- Annual and semi-annual discounts included
- Graphs for your JVM/Tomcat (memory, threads, ...)
All Apache Tomcat versions from 5.5.x to 7.0.x are supported.
|Servlet/JSP Spec||Tomcat version||Current revision||Minimum JDK||3.0/2.2||7.0.x||7.0.25||1.6||2.5/2.1||6.0.x||6.0.35||1.5||2.4/2.0||5.5.x||5.5.35||1.4|
- 64 MB heap
- 5 GB storage
- 200 GB traffic
$7.95Host your Apache Tomcat with JVM Host
- 128 MB heap
- 5 GB storage
- 200 GB traffic
$15.95Cheap Tomcat Plus from JVM Host
3 easy browser-based deployment steps: (there is also FTP/SSH based alternative you may prefer)
1. Login to JVM Control Panel (JVMCP) and find Tomcat Manager credentials and URL
In the 'New Hosting Account Created' email you will find username, password and JVMCP URL plus other account related details.
Login to JVMCP and at the bottom of the Appserver page you will find Tomcat Manager and Tomcat Host Manager URLs and credentials.
Click Tomcat Manager link and login.
If your application uses a database please create it first from cPanel and load data if necessary.
2. Upload your web application (.war file) to the Tomcat
Upload your application as WAR archive (it will be auto deployed). You may also use the Tomcat Manager to undeploy your application later. Alternatively you can upload your WAR to webapps directory with a FTP client like Filezilla.
3. Access your application at your yourdomain.com/sample
Note, your application name 'sample' is appended to the domain name to form correct default URL for accessing your application. Optionally, if you want to have your Java application served from root URL yourdomain.com instead of yourdomain.com/sample you need to follow 3 additional steps:
4. Undeploy '/' application in Tomcat Manager to make room for new ROOT application
Click 'Undeploy' in '/' row and the default ROOT application will be removed from webapps directory of your Tomcat. In the next step sample.war will be deployed at '/' context path.
5. Deploy sample.war at / (ROOT) URL in Tomcat manager
After sample.war (see file:sample.war used in 'WAR or directory URL' field) is deployed you can undeploy /sample to free memory. sample.war has already been renamed to ROOT.war by Tomcat and is no more needed.
6. Enjoy your application being served from your domain root URL
For the above fast guide we used sample.war provided by Tomcat developers and jvmhost.net subdomain for root URL example. A jvmhost.net subdomain is available free of charge to every client who wants to use it instead of a regular domain.
Similar products suitable for hosting Apache Tomcat
Most popular frameworks and libraries used by applications hosted on Tomcat
Having dedicated JVM and dedciated Tomcat running within it allows you for full control over them both and gives you ability to use any framework, library and jar you wish including most popular ones like: Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Stripes, JSTL, Grails, ZK, Vaadin, Java Server Faces, MyFaces, Wicket, Tapestry, Taglibs, Cocoon, SiteMesh, JPA, WebSockets, Makumba, GWT, IceFaces and RichFaces.
Reviewing alternatives? Still shopping? Please bookmark us - we're confident that you'll want to come back.